current state

Let me have a note on what is done and what will come soon.

The code for game objects like fighting units, buildings, resources, etc is written and (sometimes) stable, although I will have to rewrite parts of it so that objects are preloaded at startup and don`t have to be constructed/destroyed at runtime. A new explosion system which supports preloading multiplied the frame rate in fighting scenes, so I hope for similar effects by changing the object system.

The object AI is another aspect that I have to put some effort into before a beta can be published. Currently, OpenSteer is used to calculate the speed and orientation of objects. Although AI worked very well some time ago it has some really ugly bugs like non-moving units, application hangs with multiple path-searchers and disappearing units if they don`t find a path towards their destination.

Once a beta is published, I hope someone can test the multiplayer mode since I don`t have a fast second computer here. Nevertheless multiplayer should work because all actions that matter are performed through an ActionManager that also updates the network.

After that, I plan to reimplement physics by using walaber`s OgreNewt wrapper. It is proven to work with PLSM2 and has all the features that are needed (vehicles, ragdolls, simple primitives, swimming objects).

Btw, I added a screenshots page with pictures from different ingame scenes. I hope you like them!


Hello World

This is the first post of my blog and the first day BlueWar has a home on the internet. As I am not familiar with websites and hosting them I decided to use WordPress, which is really recommendable.

On the right side you see the first 3 articles dealing with me and my game BlueWar.

As time goes by I will add screenshots and other pages, so have fun and stay tuned!